News Update :

Dravid to take retirement after England Tour

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Rahul dravid who has made a surprise comeback into Indian ODI squad after two years, will retire from one dayers after England Tour. Dravid said, "I am honored and privileged to be selected in ODI squad after two years. I am obviously little surprised. At the end of the ODI series, i would like to announce my retirement from ODI and twenty twenty and will solely focus on test cricket".



Dravid will be playing in the ODI series against England starting from 3rd September and will also play the single T-20 match on August 31. He played last ODI in West Indies during the 2009 Champions Trophy in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Dravid scored 10765 runs in 339 ODIs with an average of 39.43 with 12 hundreds and 82 fifties and 12576 runs from 155 matches in Tests and has 34 tons in those. Recently he became second highest run getter in Test matches after Sachin Tendulkar.

"Since I had not been picked for one-day cricket for the last two years, I was obviously a little surprised, To be honest, I had not informed the selectors or the board of my intention to focus only on Test cricket because I had not been picked. Now that I am in the one-day side, I am committed as always to give my best in this ODI series against England and thereafter the Tests I play,” Mr. Wall said.
Share this Article on :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 24x7 India 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.